Monday, February 16, 2009

Recipe For White Texas Sheet Cake







This post is for Andrea from My Chihuahua Bites at www.andrearhouse.blogspot.com. She left a comment that she wanted the recipe and I'm glad to post it for you. Hope you enjoy it Andrea. Let me know how it turned out.

Peace & Love,
Treasure Ann


This cake gets better the longer it sits, so I try to make it a day ahead. My mother-in-law introduced this deliciously rich cake to me. With its creamy frosting and light almond flavor, no one can stop at just one piece!

SERVINGS: 20

METHOD: Baked

TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, cubed
1 cup water
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
FROSTING:
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup milk
4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; stir in the flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, salt, baking powder, extract and baking soda until smooth.
Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
For frosting, in a large saucepan, bring butter and milk just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and extract. Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake. Cool completely. Yield: 20 servings.

6 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

yummy! this is on my to-do list. thanks for sharing!

Treasure Ann said...

Your welcome, I hope it turns out good.

adozeneggs said...

Sounds good, I bet it would be really good and almond-y with chopped toasted almonds in the icing!! The directions are super easy. I think it would be good for our bbq this summer.I'm going to test it out sometime between now and May, I'll let you know how mine turns out, thanks for the recipe.

Treasure Ann said...

Oh great L. I didn't thought about toasted almonds. I may try that next time I make it. Thanks for the idea. Thanks for keeping me posted on how it turns out. I know with your talents, you'll add something to it that will make it even more better.

Aubrey said...

Oh. My. Goodness.
This sounds delish but SO not part of my think thin right now. LOL
I am a sucker for cake!

Treasure Ann said...

Hey Aubrey, stick with your think thin program. I need to be on one.