Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It Takes Time

Starting a business takes a lot of time. Sometimes I'd even admit that I get discouraged. I own a retail shop. Specializing in crafts, craft supplies and gifts like candles, cook books, and journals. What I did to start my adventure of building a business is purchased a retail liscense, which is $50.00. You can find a retail liscense application on the internet. When you recieve your liscense you have to get in contact with the IRS (1-800-829-1040) or go to their website at www.irs.ustreas.gov and ask for your EIN number (Employer Identification Number) you will need that in order to make sure you pay your taxes. When you have done this, they will send you every information you need to get started. You'll get a handbook on your state taxes and how much taxes should be added to your products. The IRS will give you a schedule as well as to when you should pay your taxes. You will also need to purchase a register to help you better keep up with your taxes, when you tally it up. You can purchase a register at any office supplies store, most of them would have them. I purchased mine from Office Depot. When you have a retail liscense you can also purchase items from other companies at a wholesale price which turns out to be cheaper. Only if you have your retail liscense. When you purchase items or products from wholesale stores it's up to you to price the items where you will be getting the money back you put in it and a profit. Remember your purpose also for a business is to make money and of course a living. You want to make a profit, but have fun while doing it. The money to start a business according to what experts say, would take @ least $2000-$2500. As for me I build my business on what I save and from what I earn. I actually used my talents and gift s to raise the money as I go to purchase the things that I needed for my business. For the first year or 2, most of your earned profits go back into your business. Sacrafices, sacrafices has to be made, but it's worth it. After while you will be seeing your hard work pay off.
For my customers that are logging in on my blog, for the Summer Quarter Newsletter I have a new challenge. The challenge for this quarter is that in the beginning of June you are to make at least 30-60 granny squares. the deadline to put it together is August 11, 2008-Monday. Here's an idea to help you get a good head start. Crochet or knit 2 squares a day, that will double your progress or you can do even more whatever makes it easy and quick for you. By the way who ever finnishes their afghan by the due date, must be submitted on or before August 11, 2008 to Bountiful Treasures shop. Who ever finishes first or there's is submitted first will win a nice gift basket prize, 2nd & 3rd place winners will be presented the prize of baked goodies. Hope you will join us on this crochet & knit project together. With your finished project, think of some one who is most derserving and give that love you made to them. Until next time thank you for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your finished projects in August.
Treasure Ann

P.S. The basic stitch to practice or refresh on for this quarter is a half double. Last quarter was the double crochet. Thanks again.

No comments: